Sunday, July 6, 2008

Heading to Tacachia






We had a great day in La Paz yesterday. We were not able to do the double decker bus tour(it broke down..go figure), but we are hoping to do it on Friday. Instead, we went down to the markets and did some shopping. We even went to the witch market, which was not as scary as I had pictured it...it was actually very interesting. I have some pictures from the market that I will post. One funny story is that Dad needed to use the restroom and in some of the public restrooms in La Paz you have to pay to pee!! I thought that was hilarious!


Last night Carrie took us to dinner where we had Llama meat for the first time! It wasn´t too bad! At this same place they had music and dancers to entertain us.


Carrie´s apartment is cute. We did get a chance to take showers this morning and the water was so cold! Dad and I are learning to drink the Coca Tea and it´s really not bad and is supposed to do a lot of good things for your body.


We are walking around downtown right now and will grab some lunch and then begin our way to Tacachia, which I am looking forward to! We won´t be able to get to phones or computers until Friday!


This is a really neat city with lots of culture. They have the cutest little cars here too and the most beautiful babies! It makes one realize how spoiled we are in the US and how much we have that we take for granted!! So, no matter what, always remember how good we have it!!!


3 comments:

Lorrie said...

Thanks for the pictures, it's so great to see your faces!!!!!!!!!!! Love you lots, take care of each other. Can't wait til you come home. We love you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Lorrie & ERT

CC said...

What great pics!!! Keep 'em coming! I'm so glad you're traveling overseas, it gets in your blood and you have to go again, and again...;) Your stories are so great! I love you!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey both of you I hope that your trip ha gone well can't wait to hear all about it. Thanks for the pictures and I hope to be able tgo see more when you all return. I hope that you have a safe trip and May GOD Bless you both and all that travel with you, our prayers are with you and all that you meet! May he help all that are in need and may all that are sick be healed of there sickness! With lots of Love from me and Debbie! sus!